Finding the best and most effective teething toys is very important for parents that have a teething baby. These toys aid in easing pain and discomfort caused by teething while also entertaining babies with their toy-like qualities. The products on this list were chosen based on their affordability, durability, quality, effectiveness, safety and customer reviews. These are the 6 Best Teething Toys for Babies in 2018:
6. Munchkin Twisty Figure-8 Teether
- Age: Intended for ages 2-18 months
- Material: Made of BPA-free plastic that is easily cleaned
- Promotes: Motor and sensory skills
- Other features: Easy to hold, grasp and chew
This teething toy has four different teething surfaces, giving baby several options for relief from teething discomfort. Its design makes it easy for babies to grasp and hold on to it, and its bright colors and rattling sounds help develop their sensory and motor skills all while providing tons of fun! With its glowing reviews and low price, it’s no wonder the Munchkin Twisty Figure 8 Teether is considered one of the best teething toys for babies!
5. RaZbaby RaZ-Berry Silicone Teether
- Age: Intended for children ages 3 months and older
- Material: Made of BPA-free, 100% medical-grade silicone
- Promotes: Soothes baby’s sore gums
- Other features: Can be refrigerated/frozen for faster relief
Brightly colored and perfectly sized, this teething toy is shaped like a traditional pacifier! The difference is the all-silicone design and different textures covering their surfaces: both the raspberry-shaped nub and the ring-shaped holder can be chewed on by baby, soothing their gums and easing pain while providing the comfort of a regular pacifier. It easily fits in a baby’s hand, and can also be used hands-free! Another benefit of this product is that it prevents babies from chewing or sucking on their own thumbs and fingers, a habit many babies pick up when teething starts.
Recommended for you: 6 Best Developmental Toys for Babies in 2018
4. Nuby Ice/Gel Teether Keys
- Age: Intended for children ages 3 months and above
- Material: BPA, PVC, Phthalate and Latex-free!
- Promotes: “PurICE” technology provides faster soothing relief
- Other features: Easy-to-grip design
The Nuby teether keys are (yep–you guessed it!) shaped like a set of car keys on a key ring. All of the different shapes and textures on the keys and ring are perfect for soothing teething pain. This product has Nuby’s patented “PurICE technology“, so that after the keys are placed in the refrigerator they provide a cooling sensation that soothes the gums and teeth faster than other toys. The design makes the keys easy to hold on to and perfect for reaching all of baby’s teeth, even those hard-to-reach back teeth. Even though Nuby’s teething keys are the least-expensive product on this list, they still rank as one of the best teething toys for babies!
3. Baby Banana Infant Training Toothbrush and Teether
- Age: Intended for children ages 3-12 months
- Material: 100% food-grade silicone; BPA, latex, phthalate free
- Promotes: Improves hand-eye coordination, prevents cavities later
- Other features: Dishwasher and freezer friendly
Developed by a dental hygienist, this product is shaped like a regular toothbrush and is made of 100% food-grade silicone. Its soft and flexible design and handles make it easy for babies to use. The bristles help clean teeth while also soothing any discomfort. Another positive to using this teether is that it is teaching a good habit to your baby that they will need in the future: brushing their teeth! This product is on the lower end of the price scale and comes in a variety of colors.
2. Nibblit Baby Teething Mitten
- Age: Intended for children ages 3-18 months
- Material: Soft, breathable fabric that lessens the amount of washing needed
- Promotes: Visual and oral motor skills, soothes gum pain
- Other features: Brightly-colored with stimulating “crinkly” sounds, multiple teething surfaces
This self-soothing teething mitten from Nibblit fits over a baby’s hand and allows them to chew on the crinkly, brightly-colored material while they are teething. All of the material is BPA-free and made of food-grade silicone, making it 100% safe for children to put in their mouths. The silicone tip of the mitten includes many different textures that all aid in relieving pain, while the texture underneath makes a satisfying “crinkly” sound and absorbs drool well. It is considered one of the best teething toys for babies by parents because babies can use it safely on their own hands.
1. Comotomo Silicone Baby Teether
- Age: Intended for children ages 6-12 months
- Material: Made of 100% silicone, BPA, PVC, and Phthalate free
- Promotes: Grabbing and holding
- Other features: Safe in microwave, boiling water, dishwashers, and other sterilizers/cleaners
The Comotomo teether is a ring-shaped teething toy that is the perfect size for a baby’s small hands. It has multiple points for grabbing and holding, so holding on to it will be easy for babies. The multiple textures on its soft surface provide relief from teething pain. While the teether itself is pretty small, its patented non-choking design makes it very safe for babies to use on their own without the constant supervision of a parent. It is considered one of the best teething toys for babies because it is easy to use and even easier to clean!
While teething can be a difficult stage in both a baby and their parent’s lives, teething toys can provide much-needed relief from any pain or discomfort. The six toys listed above are the best teething toys for babies in 2018–just look at their affordability, durability, effectiveness, and customer reviews. The only decision you need to make is deciding which of the six teething toys would best fit your baby’s needs!