When kids hit the age of curiosity (one), they start to explore and want to know about everything. Toys can help kids learn, grow, and develop early motor skills in a variety of ways. Problem is, you can get the girls a doll and they’ll be happy, but boys — on the other hand — are a lot tougher to shop for. Many people don’t know about the best toys for one year old boy. Therefore, I put together a list of 8 best toys for one year old boy based on quality, ratings, reviews, usability, education, and a price that ranges from $14 to $44.
8. VTech Smart Wheels Go! Go! Deluxe Park and Learn Garage
- Age Range: 1 to 5
- What’s Included: Deluxe Garage, one SmartPoint Van, 2 AAA batteries
- Promotes: Fine motor skills, Stimulates creativity
- What Others Have to Say (Reviews): “Nice quality at a reasonable price” / “Thank you VTech” / “Great fun for kids and parents” / “Highly recommend! Must buy!” / “Great toy!”
VTech is a leader in the toy industry; they offer some of the best toys for one year old boy that is also educational. The Smart Wheels Deluxe Garage has Interactive role-play, a gas station, car wash, Smart-point technology, vehicles, six SmartPoint locations that interact with the vehicles, fun phrases, and a colorful track that’s interchangeable. A toddler can’t help but have fun with this learning toy.
See also: 6 Best Toy Cars for Toddlers
7. VTech 2-in-1 Smart Shots Basketball Hoop Sports Center
- Age Range: 1 to 3
- What’s Included: a soccer ball, a basketball, sports center
- Promotes: Fine motor skills, Stimulates creativity, Introduces sounds, numbers, and shapes
- What Others Have to Say (Reviews): “Fun interactive sports center” / “Son loves it, could do a couple of things to make it better” / “Fun and cute”
The Smart Shots Sports Center contains everything your child needs to have loads of fun. Use the soccer net to score goals or shoot some hoops through the basketball net and watch the animated scoreboard light up and play either of the 50 encouraging phrases, sounds, and songs. Whichever you and your toddler choose, you will both enjoy playing.
6. Little Tikes Play Table, Spiralin’ Seas Waterpark
- Age Range: 12 months to 6 years
- What’s Included: waterpark Play Table, 5 water squirting round characters, one water cup
- Promotes: early motor skills, creativity, imagination, sharing, put-and-take skills
- What Others Have to Say (Reviews): “My kids’ favorite outdoor toy”/ “Hours and hours of fun! I love that it keeps him occupied” / “I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting a way for your child to play in water” /
Little Tikes is another leader in the toy industry that offers some of the best toys for one year old boy to enjoy. Your child will enjoy hours of fun playing outdoors with this water play table that is loaded with features. Kids can turn the ferris wheel and watch it scoop up balls and drop them off.
They can also drop balls down the spiral and see them swirl round and round and power twin the water wheel by pouring water into the funnel, then use the fun characters to squirt water everywhere.
5. Little Tikes Shopping Cart – Yellow/Red
- Age Range: 18 months to 5 years
- What’s Included: shopping Cart only, other items sold separately
- Promotes: early motor skills, creativity, imagination
- What Others Have to Say (Reviews): “Very Sturdy and Durable……well worth the cost.”/ “Fun for kids, but pain in the butt to make” / “Fun and Useful For Even the Tiniest Toddler”
Toys like this are the best toys for one year old boy to learn about real-life activities. What I really like about this little grocery cart, is that you can bring it along to the store and enjoy side by side shopping with your baby boy. This shopping cart has sturdy walls to help keep small items in the cart, is colorful and durable with wheels that roll making it easy to push it around. The seat folds down making room for your toddlers’ favorite toy and there is storage space under the basket.
4. Little Tikes Easy Score Basket Ball
- Age Range: 18 months to 5 years
- What’s Included: basketball stand with net, 3 mini balls
- Promotes: early motor skills, creativity, imagination, social skills, independence, hand and eye coordination, balance
- What Others Have to Say (Reviews): “Toddler Approved Basketball Set”/ “Love that the height adjusts”/ “So easy to assemble!”
If you are looking for the best toys for 1 year old boy to encourage and enjoy sports activities, this may be your best choice. The Little Tikes basketball is a toy that tots can play with both indoors and outdoors as well. The hoop adjusts from 2ft to 4ft, six heights; the rim is oversized making it easier to make a shot, and you can add sand to the base for more stability.
3. VTech Learn and Turn Driver
- Age Range: 6 months to 2 years
- What’s Included: Turn and Learn Driver, 2 AA Batteries
- Promotes: early motor skills, creativity, imagination, introduces opposites, introduces toddlers to various vehicles
- What Others Have to Say (Reviews): “Entertained Toddler!”/ “My little driver loves this”/ “A little smaller than expected.”
I chose this as one of the best toys for 1 year old boy because most all boys are interested in cars and driving. Besides that, your toddler will really enjoy being in the driver’s seat and pretending to drive. In addition, kids love pressing the colorful buttons and watching the little character go back and forth. The Learn & Turn Driver has over 60 fun songs, phrases, and sounds, with different animals, and the push and pull gear shifter has 3 play modes to enjoy.
2. Hape Tap & Pound Bench
- Age Range: 12 months to 3 years
- What’s Included: Tap & Pound Bench, a wooden mallet
- Promotes: early motor skills, learning logic, spatial relationships, problem-solving, critical thinking skills, creativity, hand-eye coordination, introduces music
- What Others Have to Say (Reviews): “Very happy with this toy.”/ “Out of tune”/ “Wonderful for young toddlers!”
Your child will love making music with this award-winning, multifunctional musical pounding toy. It has a Xylophone and a keyboard that slides out for use and your toddler can get some exercise while fetching the balls it sends out as he plays. The Tap & Pound Bench is brightly colored and finished with non-toxic water paint. It has a variety of melodies and sounds and is compact for easy storage.
1. VTech Learning Sit-To-Stand Walker
- Age Range: 9 months to 3 years
- What’s Included: Learning Walker, 2 AA batteries
- Promotes: fine motor skills, learning logic, role-play, creativity
- What Others Have to Say (Reviews): “My eight month old loves it!”/ “Great development tool!”/ “Perfect! My son can’t get enough”
The Sit-To-Stand Walker is the perfect toy for Tots. It has a pretend handset phone with light up buttons, and more than 70 sing-along songs, fun phrases, sound effects, and music. It also contains 3 shape sorters, 2 colorful spinning rollers, 5 piano keys, and a removable play panel.
There you have it, the best toys for one year old boy to enjoy, learn, help develop motor skills, and more– all priced very affordably. Most of the toys in the list are made by Little Tikes and VTech since they are both well-trusted brands that manufacture high-quality toys that are durable and built to last.
Please comment with your thoughts, experiences, or any questions you may have pertaining to any of the listed items.