In the growth and development of any child, it is very important to help them develop mentally. Getting them toys for playing with engages them mentally, socially and intellectually. Choosing the best musical toys for babies is dependent on a number a number of factors. You need to consider the features on the toy, price range, uses and age suitability. Below is a list of some of the best musical toys for babies that will help a great deal in developing their social and mental wellbeing.
6. Fisher-Price Music & Lights Deluxe Gym, Rainforest
This baby gym comes with lights, sound, and music that are activated by the baby’s movements and kicks. It, therefore, gives the baby some time for a workout at the Rainforest Lights and Music Deluxe Gym, making it one of the best musical toys for babies. This rainforest allows the kids to play and push-up during the all-important tummy time. The hanging activity toys and motion-activated music encourages the babies to reach out and touch. Toys on the soft deluxe mat, on the other hand, encourage for fun during push up the tummy.
- Playing Age: Newborn to about 1.5 year
- Players: One at a time
- Playing Time: Provides 20 minutes of color-changing lights and music in long-play mode
- Type: Movements and kicks; push-up ideal for tummy time
- Includes: More than 10 toys and activities, including hanging activity toys and music that is motion-activated
- Promotes: Sensory development as the baby plays
5. WolVol Educational Kids Toddler Baby Toy Musical Activity Cube Play Centre
This baby cube play toy comes with very many interesting activities and skill functions. It has great eye-catching colors to give the baby lots of activities to do and different new things to learn. Among the features are a detachable cell phone to call and talk, a built-in microphone to sing songs, activity tools, a steering wheel with driving skills and motor functions and a bell to ring. The bell can be rung to wake a baby while sleeping, while eating breakfast or even when it’s time to celebrate the child’s birthday. It is one of the best musical toys for babies.
- Playing Age: Ideal for 2-5 years
- Players: Up to 3 players
- Playing Time: Up to two hours and more
- Type: Lots of functions and activities including driving, calling, sound practicing
- Includes: Built-in microphone, steering wheel, little water tank gears, ring bell among other activity tools
- Promotes: Singing, driving, and hearing skills
4. Toddler and Baby Musical Learning Toy
This is one of the best musical toys for babies in the market. It is a round-shaped musical toy drum which encourages babies to roll around smoothly while playing. Comes with fun stories and sounds to foster early learning knowledge. Toddlers can hit the musical drum toys and thus create their own unique music. They can use them to make cheerful melodies and fun sounds to enhance playing time. Babies can expand their ability to think creatively, practice and develop skills. It also has a dynamic merry-go-round and flashing lights to develop and develop the baby’s imagination attract their attention.
- Playing Age: 6 months-3 years
- Players: One at a time
- Playing Time: As long as the baby wishes to play
- Type: Rolling on the ground while playing
- Includes: Flashing lights, cheerful melodies and fun sounds, musical drum toys and dynamic merry-go-round model to enhance rolling while playing
- Promotes: Baby’s attention, exploration skills and develops their imaginations. Babies are also able to hit the musical drum toys, and hence create their own unique music
3. Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes Musical Toy
This is considered one of the best musical toys for babies. It a baby’s version of an MP3 player which comes with colorful lights that dance across the screen to attract the baby’s attention. Baby can easily switch from song to song using the large buttons. It comes with enjoyable classical melodies with songs from Chopin, Mozart and more. The melodies and lights are powered by 2 AA batteries.
- Playing Age: 3-36 months
- Players: One player at a time
- Playing Time: As long as mummy and daddy allows baby to play
- Type: Musical Toy
- Includes: Large easy-press buttons, 2 AA batteries, dancing lights and classical melodies
- Promotes: Promotes baby’s audio and visual perception
2. Lamaze Musical Inchworm Toy
This toy encourages baby tummy time while the baby plays and learns music. It is covered from head to tail in interesting patterns, colors and textures to encourage baby to cuddle, shake and play. Baby, therefore, enjoys being rewarded with squeaks, jingles, and rattles that help them greatly in developing auditory skills. Parents can use the ruler on the reverse side to monitor the baby’s growth. The multiple patterns and bright colors help to promote baby’s visual stimulation; whereas the sounds and textures encourage exploration.
- Playing Age: 0-2 years
- Players: One
- Playing time: 45-90 minutes
- Type: Musical
- Includes: High-Quality Velour Fabric, Ruler on Inchworm’s belly, Bright Bold Colors.
- Promotes: Auditory, visual, touch and tactile skills.
1. Baby Einstein Musical Toy
This toy comes with a musical tummy that babies can press to activate 4 ocean sounds and classical melodies. It easily attaches to infant carriers and seats for easy on-the-go entertainment. It also has enriching playtime content in three different languages. (English, French and Spanish). It is used for teething, and hence has fins that are soft.
- Playing Age: 3-12 months
- Players: 1 kid
- Playing Time: 2-3 hours
- Type: Teething, musical
- Includes: Musical tummy, crinkle textures, real-life imagery
- Promotes: Ease with teething, sounds and melodies also enhance listening skills
Discussed above are some of the best musical toys for babies in the market. They come in colorful designs and are specially made to enhance kid’s creativity, manipulative skills and their overall ability to pay attention. Babies are drawn to music naturally and this helps greatly with their development. Musical toys can help babies to introduce patterns through rhythm, develop listening skills, support language development and generally encourage creativity. Having toys is therefore very vital for the mental enhancement of babies. In case you have any questions, you can reach out to us, we will be glad to offer help.